Undone - The other side EP



"Confined in your own little world, you avoid thinking about an outside one. Your life is restricted to your side, but look, there's another side. I, myself, feel the need to close myself. I myself, will try to open my mind. But look around you, there are so many different faces, so many kinds of people and kinds of living. We could get so rich of such a vast difference. You can't ignore your feelings anymore. You can't ignore the burning desire to discover the others. You can't ignore you can't hide the other side."

Último disco de los emblemáticos Undone (con gente de Finger Print o Jasemine) de aquella increíble hornada de grupos franceses de los noventa que tanto me gustan. Aunque prefiero algunas canciones de su larga duración Dark Future (que escucharía más tarde) éste fue uno de los primeros discos que tuve junto a un puñado más que influenciaron mi manera de entender el hardcorepunk y todo lo que para mí significa.  Me quedo con la última canción de las cuatro que da título al disco aunque ni las otros temas ni los interesantes textos (en inglés y francés) que abarrotan el libreto tienen desperdicio. Otro trozo de historia.

"Music is a weapon... at least that's the way I look at it. This is a weapon because it has the power to carry thoughts, to unite people and to be a very intense emotional medium. Of course, I'm not that pretentious that I would believe that our music could be subversive enough to constitute a whole threat to that system in which we have to live. I just think that the way we experience it and organize around it is a first solid and coherent step into the process of discovering our autonomy.I don't think that the power of our music only lies in its political lyrics... but in its will to build up an alternative community with notions such as the respect of the differences, the reflection as for the valid options we have as a community to slow down the progression of this system, the solidarity, the intellectual and affective autonomy, etc." (Christophe)

Sacado por el sello francés Stonehenge Records (llevado por el batería Christophe) en 1996.

Undone - The other side EP

1 comentario:

  1. en www.lapaginadenadie.com (sección DeNadie/PUnk/descargas y bandas... hay una discografía d.i.y completa de la banda)

    ResponderEliminar